For those who are passionate about learning

Share your learning journey with others! Sharing tips, thoughts, and other information with those who are passionate about learning.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mentoring is All About GROWTH

Last night I had dinner with one of my mentoring partners just to check in.  As I reflected on the outing, I thought about what made my partnerships so effective (I have 3 wonderful mentoring partners).  They all include GROWTH principles...

G-Genuine Interest: We are genuinely interested in continuous self-development.

R-Reciprocal Relationships:  We learn from each other.

O-Ongoing Dialog: We share our successes and failures and view them as opportunities to learn.

W-Work Together: We are committted to working together as a team.

T-Trust:  We trust each other with information that we share.

H-Heightened Potential: We inspire each other to stretch and grow personally and professionally.

Anyone who is interested and passionate about learning needs multiple mentoring partners if they want to continue to grow...that's why I have 3!!!

Here's an article about mentoring partnerships (One of my mentoring partners and I are participating in the program that's featured in the article!)...

http://associationdatabase.com/aws/NCDA/pt/sd/news_article/42191/_PARENT/layout_details_cc/false

No comments:

Post a Comment